Dr. Uma’s Quick and Easy Cheese Omelet
Sri, Dr. Uma’s sister, taught her this easy-peasy recipe, a staple for mornings where you have 10-20 minutes to whip up something easy, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk (can be replaced with water if you prefer; it’s just to get more volume and fluffiness as you whisk the eggs)
- A dash of turmeric (about 1/8th teaspoon)
- A dash of black pepper (about 1/8th teaspoon)
- 1 serving (a slice or chunk) of your favorite cheese (I use pepper jack)
- Tomato sauce (jarred is fine, provided no added sugar or other preservatives)
- Fresh basil, if you have, for garnish
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon butter for cooking
Whisk the eggs with the milk. Add in the turmeric and black pepper. Heat a skillet to medium, medium-high and add the butter. Just as the butter is melting, pour in the egg mixture and let it cook for about 3 minutes, and then flip it over.
Place the cheese on the already-cooked side of the omelet and fold the omelet in half so the cheese melts within. After a minute or so, take the omelet off the skillet and plate it.
Garnish with a tablespoon of tomato sauce, fresh basil.
Can add more salt, pepper to taste.