- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (any color. Red quinoa is especially lovely in this salad)
- About 6 carrots. No need to peel.
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Olive oil
- 4 oz or more feta
- 1 tsp either garam masala or a mixture of ground spices (1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp coriander, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, black pepper to taste)
- Salt, plus a dash of coarse sea salt for finishing, if desired
- Cook the quinoa per package instructions or using an instant pot. Season the water with ~1/2 tsp salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the carrots into ~1/2 inch chunks on a bias
- Toss the carrots with enough olive oil to coat (about 2 tablespoons), about 1/4 tsp salt, and your spice mixture
- Roast the carrots for about 15 minutes, then toss and flip to ensure even browning. Roast for another 10 minutes or so, or until cooked to your liking (they will get softer as they roast. I personally like a little crunch to my carrots)
- Let cool to room temperature or slightly above
- In a big bowl, toss the carrots with the mint leaves (I leave them whole or rip some of the bigger ones) and feta. I like a lot of feta on this salad. I never measure. Drizzle some more olive oil in with a pinch of finishing salt.