Mix this tangy-sweet beverage up in 1-quart mason jars (only tempered glass please).
Raw Dried Ingredients (easily ordered on Amazon in 1 lb bags) – Amounts provided are for one quart.
- Hibiscus sabdariffa (Dried): @ 24 grams
- Stevia rebaudiana (Dried):@ 3 grams – NOTE: see Pediatric Resilience advisory here on non-nutritive sweeteners.
- Lemon balm (Dried): @ 3 grams
- Rosa centifolia (or Rosa damascena) flowers (Dried) @ 1 gram
- Moroccan Mint (Dried): 1 gram
- 1 quart boiling water
Pour the boiling water over the raw dried herbs. Let steep until room temperature then place in the refrigerator to cool overnight. If you use mason jar lids, place them on while the contents are still cooling and it will provide a nice seal. The beverage will keep for 1-2 weeks.
Serve ice cold.
Pour the contents through a sieve into a glass with ice. You may cut it with sparkling water if you like.