Lemon Custard Chia Pudding
- All the omega 3 you need in one serving (ALA)
- Complete protein
- All the soluble & insoluble fiber you need in one day
- A nutrient powerhouse
- Friendly to blood glucose
- Whole dairy fat
- No added sugar
- No preservatives, emulsifiers, stabilizers, etc.
- Allulose or Erythritol (1 cup) – NOTE: see Pediatric Resilience advisory here on non-nutritive sweeteners.
- Whole fat yogurt (2 cups)
- Lemon Juice (2 small)
- Lemon Zest (zest the skins on both lemons)
- Eggs (3 whole)
- Butter (1/2 stick)
- Chia Seed Slurry (1/4 cup chia seed mixed thoroughly in 1 cup of water, stir until the slurry is very thick and cool in the fridge)
Make a lemon custard
- In a double boiler, whip 1 cup allulose or erythritol with three eggs, lemon juice from 2 small lemons, and some lemon zest until thick and creamy (use a whisk and do not stop whisking until you have a custard!!!)
- If you don’t have a double boiler, you can improvise by placing a steel mixing bowl over a medium-size pot of boiling water.
- half-stick of butter
- 2 cups of whole fat yogurt, and one cup of chia seed slurry
Place into dessert cups and cool
A micro-thin slice of lemon on top will improve your presentation!